Building your career
Do you know what you will be doing in six months – or six years?
Businesses, technologies and personal goals change all the time, so it’s not easy to have perfect clarity about your future.
What Nexient people do know is that they will continue to learn and grow in their careers. After all, at Nexient your professional development isn’t just an HR perk: it’s the way we create more value for our clients, and that’s what keeps us in business.
Here’s how it works:
- Launch quickly — Recent graduates start at Nexient boot camp. Depending on your initial assignments, you may pick up new languages and processes. You’ll learn how to make your existing technology skills enterprise-grade, so you’re ready to build software for some of the biggest and most demanding tech teams in the US – our clients! You’ll also get hands-on experience with our unique Agile software delivery methodology, and strengthen the kind of communication and collaboration skills you’ll need to be a successful Technology Athlete.
- Choose your own adventure — Within about 18 months (your mileage may vary), you’ll have the opportunity to select one of several career paths to follow. For example, you might choose to specialize in managing teams, architecting technology solutions or consulting with clients. Whatever you pick, you’ll have a clear roadmap to the technical, business and leadership skills you’ll need at every step.
- Get personal coaching — Projects, development teams and line managers come and go – but your Nexient coach will stick with you, working with you to chart out your professional goals and a development plan to help you get there.
- Stay on track (or fast-track) — In addition to informal pointers and advice throughout the year, formal feedback sessions will help you highlight your professional strengths, identify development opportunities and unblock any barriers. You may even be invited to accelerate your journey through our fast-track program.
- Keep it sharp — In our business, technologies and processes change rapidly. That’s why we organize regular training with both in-house and external faculty to keep you up-to-date. (You’ll want to check out our lunch and learns as well!)